1 Peter 1: 14 - 16
- First, holiness begins with identity
- Second, holiness it is an attitude of obedience
- Third, holiness means resisting passions
- Fourth, holiness is a calling
- Fifth, holiness means being like God
- Sixth, holiness is a way of life
- Seventh, holiness is biblical
- First, do you humble yourself before God and recognize your are helpless without him?
- Second, do you listen for God, and listen to God?
- Third, are you different from the world?
- Fourth, what would you say is your calling in life?
- Fifth, do you tremble at the holiness of God?
- Sixth, does this show up in your everyday life?
- Seventh, what is the Bible to you?
- How can anyone enter the presence of a holy God?
- God doesn’t call those who are already holy
- The greatest gift of the Holy Spirit
Training in Righteousness
- Resolve to make holiness your primary calling in life
- Resolve to meditate on the 7 dimensions of holiness in 1 Peter 1:14-16 every day this week
- Resolve read The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul
- Resolve to read your bible more than anything else
- Rejoice in Jesus Christ who is our holiness
- Teaching: What does today's passage say? What does it teach us to believe?
Is there something you still do not understand?
- Reproof: How does this text reprove sin in your life?
- Correction: How does it correct you and lead you to glory in Christ?
- Training in Righteousness: What can you resolve to change in your
life as a result of today’s Scripture?
Apr. 05, 2020